Our office strictly meets the safety and sterilization guidelines established by the American Dental Association, Canadian Dental Association, Centers for Disease Control and OSHA. We constantly upgrade our infection control requirements by attending frequent courses to ensure your safety. Some of the requirements we adhere to follow:
- Disposable gloves and masks are worn to prevent transmission of disease between you and the clinicians. Gloves are discarded after each use.
- Many items are single-use, and are disposed of after each patient. This includes all needles, saliva ejectors (the plastic tips on the suction tube which are placed in the mouth to remove debris and saliva), and rubber cups used to polish.
- All hand-pieces (drills) and burs (drill bits) are heat and pressure sterilized after each use, which eradicates infectious bacteria and viruses.
- All instruments capable of withstanding high heat are heat and pressure sterilized.
- All items not capable of withstanding high heat are disinfected in a chemical solution formulated to kill infectious bacteria and viruses.
- All surfaces are disinfected with a chemical solution formulated to kill infectious bacteria, spores, and viruses
- Heat and pressure sterilizers are micro-biologically tested weekly to ensure that they are working properly
- Water is used to supply the dental hand-pieces and air/water syringes.